How to Start a Foreclosure Cleanup and Property Preservation Company

A new article on June 3, 2009 from MSN Money writer Michael Brush indicates that there is a third wave of foreclosures still to come from prime borrowers (i.e. those previously “safe-borrowers” with sound credit and fixed-rate mortgages) as a result of job losses thanks to the worsening economy (“Coming: A 3rd Wave of Foreclosures”).

The article states that “In the first quarter, the percentage of these borrowers who were behind on their mortgages or in foreclosure had doubled from a year earlier, to nearly 6%” and goes on to say that “Credit Suisseanalyst Rod Dubitsky predicted last week that 8.1 million mortgages, or 16% of all mortgages, will go into foreclosure over the next four years. A weak economy, continued declines in home prices and rising delinquencies among prime borrowers all but ensure that foreclosures “will march steadily higher,” he says home depot health check .” Not such great news for the economy, but good news indeed for entrepreneurs interested in starting a foreclosure cleanup business to clean and repair foreclosed homes for the banks.

To put this in perspective, this means that there will be over 2 million foreclosures a year and more than $2,025,000,000 up for grabs in money that will be spent on cleaning up these foreclosed properties (since the average bill is $1000+ to clean up one of these properties).

At this point I headed home and she greeted me as I came through the door. We both got comfortable and began discussing my Doctor’s visit, Clare seemed to be taking all of this better than I had expected. Together we decided that my being home more could be a good thing, our Boxer Dolly would have some company. So with that being said it was now declared I was officially disabled and she could handle the business.

Here we are now in the year of 2010 and the Holidays are quickly approaching and I was spending a great portion of my time home alone due to my health problems. Christmas had come now and we had a very nice dinner. It is now December 28, 2010 and I have a doctor’s appointment, a pre-opt visit for a procedure in the hospital approaching.

So I went for my appointment and since we only had the one car Clare stayed to work at home. My Doctor visit went well and after a good portion of the day was over I was finally on my way home. I arrived home and went in and said hello to Clare and she said hello and with her coat already on she picked up a bag and said she would be right back, I said slow down Clare what is so urgent. Don’t you want to know about my hospital arrangements? Clare told me she promised an agent she would take her something she really needed in a hurry. O k, I said be careful and I will fill you in when you get back.

I took my coat off and started into the kitchen and the phone rang, I answered and it was Clare calling, I ask her if she forgot something and she said I’m leaving you John and getting a divorce, I will call you later and hung up. Wow, I didn’t have a clue I thought… what did I do to bring this on like this? What can I say, I was upset but what can I do. I didn’t even have a car now. So I went upstairs to change and immediately noticed a lot of things were missing, all of our files and check books, cash, her clothes etc. Now it was very obvious that while I was at the Doctors office someone had to have come into our home; and helped to carry our possessions out, and I knew I had our only car so she didn’t do this by herself.

So here it is on December 28, 2010 and my wife has a banned me and my life as I knew it was over. After a couple of weeks Clare called and said she was coming to the house to bring me some food and talk to me about our future. Clare had made up her mind, let me rephrase this, I believed Clare’s mind was made up with the help of someone else. Clare informed me she had hired an attorney and they would be contacting me with the details.

My Boxer Dolly and I remained here in the house through most of winter. It was a very lonely and cold winter, seemed as though spring was never coming. After some time had slowly passed by I called and talked with my Nephew Tim Elmore in West Virginia. Tim and his wife lived not very far from where I was born. They both said I could live on their property if could find myself a camper. I said OK and thanked them very much and said I would fill them in once I had the details worked out.

I began packing my things and was planning to move out of the house in the spring when the weather had cleared up some. So now the big day has arrived, March 14, 2011 and I am moving out. I have my things loaded up in a U haul truck with my faithful companion on the passenger side and I am on the road going home, back to my roots where I was born in 1953, wild and wonderful, almost Heaven West Virginia. I arrived later that day and would soon buy a camper to live in on my Nephew’s property.

Feeling as down as I could feel one day I began thinking about God. I thought maybe I was being punished, I knew I was far from perfect and nobody special. I thought over and over why God would let me suffer like this, why me, I tried to understand or find the answer but I couldn’t. There were these over whelming thoughts that came over me that is hard to explain but I knew at this point in my life with no uncertainty I needed to know God, I mean not to just know of God but to Know God. My mind was made up, come Sunday morning I was going to church.

Sunday morning arrived and I was up real early and was going to church. I drove into Elkins and passed a few churches on the way and soon found myself walking into a very nice church called Otterbein United Methodist Church. I’m not going to lie to you, I was so nervous but maybe even afraid too. Quickly I found a seat and noticed this church had so many people there, at least a hundred I thought. The service began and I was moved somehow by seeing all these people, there were many families with children and everyone just seemed so happy. Even though this really touched my heart I was feeling so sad because of my own situation. The service was very nice and I was sorry to see it ending now. As the people were leaving the church the Pastor came back and introduced himself to me; his name is Pastor James Murphy. He asks me if he could follow me back to where I live and we could share some conversation. I said sure, that would be o k. I found myself explaining now that he might not be very comfortable because I didn’t have the best situation right now. Pastor Murphy said that was fine and he would follow me back to where I lived.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *